Position Battles "The Rise of Rondo"

With the all-star break coming up, lets see who might be taking over starting jobs for the rest of the year. I'm sure I can find some beef around the league.

Washington Wizards-C
Brendan Haywood vs Etan Thomas
I have to mention this because the two got in another fight during practice and Etan Thomas was suspended for 2 games. I have to assume Thomas won the fight in practice because he was suspended, but as for playing time, I think Haywood has the edge. I don't feel that either player has much fantasy value, but I guess Haywood could be a decent sourece of rebounds if thats what you need.

Boston Celtics-pg
Rajon Rondo vs Delonte West
It seems that for now there will be a peaceful end to this battle as for the past two games, both players have started. Rondo at pg and West at sg. Going forward, I see West as having more value as the inexperienced Rondo will struggle through the ups and downs of a young player.







San Antonio Spurs-sg
Brent Barry vs Manu Ginobli
For the time being, Barry is the starter. However, Ginobli's value shouldn't deminish much because he is still getting plenty of playing time. It does, however, look like Manu's play is not what it used to be. Maybe he has lost some confidence. Maybe he is playing with an injury. I guess that's why he lost the starting job. Hmmm it seems like I haven't really cleared anything up with what I've just written.....Oh well.....as long as Barry is starting, he should hit at least two 3's per game. As a matter of fact, I think I'll pick up Brent Barry right now....I'll be right back.





Where was I.........






Los Angeles Lakers-C
Andrew Bynum vs Ronny Turiof
Right now it seems like Turiof may get more minutes, but I think it's clear that Bynum has more value. Bynum is a nice source of rebounds, blocks, and FG% as long as Kwame Brown is injured.

Toronto Raptors-pg
T.J. Ford vs Jose Calderon
T.J. Ford has regained his rightful position in the starting lineup and from here on out he should gain more and more of the percentage of playing time and will ultimately have more value than the now-hot Calderon.

Portland Trailblazers-C
Joel Przybilla vs Jamal Magloire vs LaMarcus Aldridge
Who cares?

Golden State Warriors-sf
Pietrus vs Barnes
Pietrus had the starting job, but after leaving last night's game with an ankle injury, it makes sense to me for Barnes to take over that slot. Although I can't make any promises because Nellie, as always, may have other plans.

~Brian Melnick aka Big Mel
contact at bigmel2k5@yahoo.com








0 comments: